Thursday, May 17, 2012

Oldies but Goodies

It's been a while since I have shot much other than my kids. Maybe I'm a little over-paranoid, but at this point I'm not real comfortable posting pictures of them in a public forum. Tonight I went back through my archives to find some pictures I could share. The below pictures were all shot in good old fashioned 35mm or slide film. In a lot of ways I feel like digital has made me a lazy photographer. It is easy to take a lot of shots and check yourself along the way. Even if the exposure isn't exactly right, there is always Lightroom. Don't get me wrong, I love digital. However the cost of slides forces you to take your time to get the right setup and only take shots that truly have potential. 

Unfortunately, I don't have a slide scanner so the scan quality on some of these isn't the greatest. 

This was taken in the Sacred Grove near Palmyra, New York. It is the grove where Joseph Smith prayed as a young boy. As I entered the grove I truly felt as if I was walking on hallowed ground, and indeed I was. It had just rained that morning so the green leaves were extra saturated on the film. It was kind of dark, but the sun came out just long enough to give me enough light to take this shot. 

 
This shot was taken at Red Butte Garden as part of a Nature photography class during my freshman year at the U. 


This was taken at Liberty Park, also part of the photography class. 

In a return trip to Taiwan about 6 years ago, I took this shot on the ZhongShan Road in Chiayi. I spent seven and half months of my mission here so this street has special place in my heart. 


The summer after I graduated from high school some friends and I planned a trip to hike Timpanogos. The weather turned bad so we decided to do arches instead. Although initially disappointed, it turned out pretty good because I got this shot. 

For me the typical elk hunt results in an empty tag, so I always bring my camera with me.  This shot was taken on the Skyline above Scofield.  

This was taken in my backyard in Price. It is one of my favorite shots. 

I love how the waves came crashing in perfectly along the beach in San Diego. 





No comments:

Post a Comment